Day two of spring break and there has been plenty of cooking and creating going on. Today, I made a new favorite snack that’s low in fat and since I used a sugar free version of a key ingredient, it’s got that going for it too!
The original recipe that inspired me is on Real House Moms and it’s Cherry Jello Yogurt Bites. My kids like sweets but the cherry version with cherry jello and cherry yogurt seemed like it would be a bit too much for us. So I used vanilla yogurt and orange jello for these Dreamsicle Bites. They are fast, easy, and fun! We’ve also made lime bites. And there is a Berry Blue box of jello that someone is dying to try!
2 cups vanilla yogurt
1 package orange jello (or whatever flavor you prefer)
1. Combine the yogurt and jello in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
2. Stir well.
3. Microwave for another minute.
4. Stir again. By now, all the jello should be dissolved.
5. Pour mixture into a lined muffin tin. I used a regular sized one. You can use mini-muffin tins, too.
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more until set.
If you have molds for popsicles, you could use those too. I could see making two colors of these for your favorite sports team (as long as you don’t mind the pastel version of their team colors). You might add a little food coloring to intensify the color if you want.
And, depending on how much you trust your kids, they could make these on their own too.
Let your imagination go wild!