Saturday nights have become pizza and movie night in our house. Most of the time, I roll a piece of dough for each family member and let them top it, or just top it for them from a selection of ingredients.
A couple weeks ago, I was not in the mood to roll. So I decided to see if it would work to make little deep dish pizzas in my Pampered Chef Stoneware Bakers. They’re the right size for a generous pizza for my two growing boys, and I figured they would hold a nice amount of veggies and crab for me.
There is no real recipe here. I can provide instructions for topping and baking, though. I used whole wheat pizza dough I purchased at the grocery store this time.
Individual Deep Dish Pizza
1. Divide the dough into four pieces and roll them a little to flatten them.
2. Press the dough into the baking dishes and then topped them as follows: sauce, meat or veggies, cheese and another layer of meat and veggies as desired.
3. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. Check to see if the dough is done. If it isn’t, bake for another 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the stoneware and serve immediately.
1. Pepperoni and cheese (right)
2. Spinach and mozzarella white pizza – no sauce, but brush the dough with olive oil and garlic
3. Crab (above) with green onions, old bay and cheddar cheese
4. Cheeseburger pizza – mix cooked ground beef or ground turkey into the pizza sauce and top with cheese.
Let me know how you top your pizzas! Enjoy!