Saturday was one of those days where I just wanted to cook, cook, cook! I made a lot of food! It was a happy day in our house and the cooking didn’t stop until about 8:30 at night when I took the last creation out of the oven.
My grand finale was my second dessert of the day. Inspired by many recent Cannoli related recipes, I decided to try my hand at a Cannoli Cheesecake. I used part skim ricotta and light cream cheese and the results were great! It was light and moist and had a great orange flavor.
15 oz part skim ricotta
8 oz light cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp orange extract
Crust of choice – I used an Oreo Crust
1. Combine the cheeses, eggs, sugar and flavorings and mix until very smooth.
2. Place crust on a baking sheet and pour in the filling.
3. Carefully sprinkle some mini-chocolate chips on top. I used about 2/3 cup. Pour into the crust.
4. Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes.
5. Cool for at least 30 minutes.
6. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Much to everyone’s dismay, the cheesecake wasn’t ready to eat last night. It was taking its sweet time cooling. I took it out this morning to take the obligatory less than lovely picture. The piece I cut was gone very quickly. Very. It was 8:30 AM. The response was two thumbs up and a leap in the air.
Would I normally allow cheesecake for breakfast? Not necessarily but it was a little difficult to smell this baking and not have any last night so exceptions had to be made.