As you may know, I don’t bake terribly often. I find when I do, what I make is loved for about a day and a half and then forgotten. There are only so many partially stale cookies you can pawn off on others.
My friend Jen of the blog The Whole Bag of Chips bakes all the time. Her persistent baking and posting of yummy treats inspired me to bake a little bit more. This is great news for my boys! One of them follows her blog and is always seeing her yummy treats. Sigh. Poor child. As a way to thank Jen for her inspiration, I have created a bar in her honor. I call it the…
Whole Bag of Chips Bars
1 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups white wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
splash of milk
A twelve ounce bag of baking chips of your choice – I used semi-sweet chocolate
1. Combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix until nice and velvety and smooth
2. Add the salt and baking soda to the flour, and add that to the sugar etc a little bit at a time because you probably will still have the mixer on and you don’t want to make a mess.
3. Add in a splash of milk and mix thoroughly.
4. Stir in the WHOLE BAG OF CHIPS!
5. Transfer batter to a 9×13 baking pan sprayed well with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 350 for at least 40 minutes. These are very thick bars and take a long time to bake.
Now stand clear and watch them disappear.
You can use regular butter and white flour if you want. You can combine different types of chips; white chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, mint chocolate, peanut butter chocolate. Please understand, if you are making these bars, they are in honor of Jen so some sort of chocolate is a requirement. R E Q U I R E M E N T.
So bake some bars, and raise a toast with your glass of milk to Jen!