Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies – makes 24 giant cookies
1 stick butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup oats
1 cup or more chocolate chips (optional)
1. Cream the butter, peanut butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until nice and light.
2. Add the flour and baking soda and mix until combined.
3. Add the oats and mix until those are combined, too.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop by tablespoon onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray or covered with parchment paper. Flatten a bit.
6. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or more until golden brown. The cookies will be chewy.
Stick some Oreos in a muffin paper in a muffin tin and top with cookie dough. You will not be sad. I promise. Really.