It’s the end of the marking period so it’s also a long weekend. Lucky for my Faithful Assistant, there were many coupons for Pillsbury dough in the paper today. He enjoys baking so I thought it would be fun for him to pick up a bunch of dough to help keep him busy this weekend. Turned out, even with the coupons, Immaculate Baking Company dough was less, so that’s what I got!
Lunch today was his first go-round. I gave him a tube of Immaculate Crescent Rolls and told him to have at it. He made delicious Ham and Cheese Crescents. Here are his instructions.
Ham and Cheese Crescents
1 tube of crescent roll dough
8 pieces of ham
8 pieces of cheese
1. If you have a dog that likes to be under your feet when you’re cooking, get it out of the room. We put our dog in the family room with one gate up. There are two ways to get out of the family room. I only put up one gate. He almost never figures it out.
2. Preheat the oven to 350.
3. Follow the instructions on the side of the tube to get the dough out. Be careful when you pop open the tube so the dough doesn’t fall on the ground.
4. Unroll your dough on to a piece of parchment paper that’s on your pan. Break apart all the triangles of dough.
5. Put one piece of ham and one piece of cheese on each triangle of dough.
6. Roll up the triangles from the fat end to the skinny end. Press the tip of the dough into the side of the roll so it doesn’t fall apart.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes until they’re golden brown.
These rolls were very easy to make and very delicious. I was kind of hoping my mom had gotten some little hotdogs so I could make pigs in a blanket. Maybe next time. I will also think I will make them for dessert with some strawberries and Nutella.
I hope you like my Ham and Cheese Crescents!