I am not a big meal planner. I truly admire people who can sit down and plan meals for two weeks at a time. I am more a two hour at a time meal planner. But I have taken a couple cues from those who are great planners and prepared things like chicken and ground beef on the weekends to use throughout the week.
This weekend, my wonderful spouse cooked about three pounds of ground beef. We used some for pasta with meat sauce and tonight, I used the rest to make a giant pan of…
Beef and Bean Skillet Enchiladas
2-3 cups Homemade Enchilada Sauce
1 1/2 lbs cooked ground beef
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups shredded cheese
1. Put a layer of sauce on the bottom of a cast iron pan.
2. I had smallish tortillas so I had to use two tortillas per layer, kind of overlapped.
3. Spoon some beans and beef onto the tortillas.
4. Sprinkle some cheese over that. I would guess I put about a half cup in each layer.
5. Pour about 1/2 of sauce over that.
6. Repeat until you have used all the beef and beans. Top with tortillas, cheese and the rest of the sauce.
7. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes until the top is nice and bubbly.
If you’re interested in planning some meals a couple weeks out, please read this post from my friend Jen’s blog, The Whole Bag of Chips. Jen has a crazy work schedule so she is not always home at dinner time. For her, meal planning is a must!
The enchiladas were hit. I was so happy to have everything I needed for them right in my little house. And I’m even happier to have lots of leftovers for later this week when I won’t be home to make dinner!