Potato Bacon Soup
1/2 onion, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 quart broth
6 potatoes, chopped
1/2 cup cream
1/2 lb bacon, chopped and cooked
1/2 cup grated parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute the onion in the olive oil in a stock pot until translucent.
2. Add the broth and chopped potatoes and cook on low for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
3. Blend until smooth with a wand blender or a regular blender.
4. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and heat through.
5. Serve and sit back and wait for the praise.
If you want, you can make this in a slow cooker. You’ll probably have to cook the potatoes for 2-3 hours on high for 4-5 on low. Then just follow everything from step 3 down.