You may remember that my wonderful brother and sister in law gave me a gift card to William Sonoma for my recent birthday. I was able to get some nice kitchen gadgets. In a previous post, I told you about my super-cool mango pitter. In addition to my wonderful mango pitter, I also got a really nice new mandolin for making perfectly uniform slices of anything.
To prove that a uniform slice can make the most ridiculously easy dessert look elegant and hard, I present you with Easy Caramel Apple Pie.
Easy Caramel Apple Pie
1 pie pastry of your choice – you can make it or use the premade kind – I chose premade
2 apples, sliced beautifully using your mandolin
Sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon
2 tbsp melted butter
2 flat pieces of caramel – the kind you use to make caramel apples
1. Lay your dough out in the pan of your choosing which you’ve sprayed with pan spray. I chose my 9×13 blue Pyrex; the workhorse of my kitchen.
2. Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on top of the dough.
3. Lay the apple slices on that. I chose to lay them in rows that overlapped.
4. Sprinkle with more sugar and cinnamon.
5. Pour on the melted butter.
6. Lay the caramel on top of everything. You may need to cut it to make it fit in your pan and cover all the apples.
7. Bake according to dough instructions. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.
My Faithful Assistant tried a slice of this treat and pretended to be a cooking show judge. He declared it good enough for me to proceed to the next round. Sadly, in this house, I always get to the next round. If I didn’t someone else would be cooking.
This would have been the perfect post for one of those fun food videos you’ve probably seen flooding your FaceBook newsfeed. I wish I had the time and equipment to make one! But I don’t So trust me when I say this was really very easy and so fast! Even if you don’t have a mandolin, you can make this delightful fall dessert that everyone will be sure to love.