Have you made no-churn ice cream yet? If not, you really should! It’s a pretty simple way to enjoy delicious homemade ice cream without buying another bulky apparatus that you might not use as often as you would like.
I love that this ice cream is tasty and versatile. You can make a plain vanilla ice cream, or add all your favorite treats to it.
In keeping with the CSA theme of the blog this summer, I used a couple of the lovely peaches from my CSA box, caramelized them and made this summery fresh treat.
Caramelized Peach No-Churn Ice Cream
2 or more peaches, pealed and chopped
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter
1 pint heavy cream
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a saute pan and cook on medium until the sugar has melted.
- Add the peaches and cook for 10-15 minutes until the sauce gets a little thick.
- COOL COMPLETELY!!!
- Now… whip the cream and vanilla together with your mixer of choice until soft peaks form.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the peach mixture.
- Freeze for 6 or more hours.
Need some ideas for other ice cream flavors? Try there: