Let’s be honest. The main reason for clearing the freezer is to make room for ice cream. I am happy to have a little Ben and Jerry’s but one of my favorite treats is Homemade No Churn Ice Cream. As we shrug off sweaters and the heaviness of winter, our pallets turn towards the fresh flavors of spring and summer. Fresh fruit, asparagus, and, of course, lemon!
Lemon Swirl No-Churn Ice Cream
2 cups heavy cream
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup lemon curd
- Start whipping the cream with the vanilla. As peaks begin to form, slowly add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Continue whipping until the peaks are a little more firm.
- Microwave the lemon curd for 30-45 seconds so it’s slightly runny. Fold into the whipped cream mixture so the lemon is swirled through the ice cream.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours minimum.
- Serve with fresh berries or all alone.
This picture below shows the ice cream right before it was put in the freezer. It gives you an idea of how it should look when it is whipped the right amount of time.
Note the lovely swirls? Isn’t it inviting? Don’t you see yourself diving right in and doing the backstroke through the waves?
I love this ice cream because, as I’m sure I’ve said too often, there are so many things you can do with it! It’s great with cookie chunks, or fruit. You can swirl in chocolate or caramel. And it’s a delicious treat that doesn’t require any special equipment. And you can freeze some in popsicle molds for a lovely and properly portioned treat!