I’ve been very intrigued by a newish trend in dining: The Fancy Ramen Bowl. The prices for this delightful dish can range from $10 to $20. But thanks to some really great boxed broth, you can now make your own at home!
1 box Imagine Ramen Broth
8 oz. ramen noodles
6 oz. pork – I used Irish Bacon
Bean sprouts – the white ones
Chopped green onion
Boiled egg, slice in half
- Saute the pork with a little oil. Set aside.
- Boil the noodles in the broth.
- When the noodles are done, layer the noodles in the bottom of a large bowl. Add some broth.
- Add a few slices of the pork, some of the veggies, and two egg halves.
- Sprinkle the chopped green onion on top.
The beautiful about this is that it’s so easy to customize. You can have a whole bunch of everyone’s favorite fresh chopped veggies and they can choose what they want.
My Faithful Assistant was pretty happy when I told him I was stopping to get some stuff to use to make ramen. A friend of his had made some recently and he was a little envious. He did have a little feedback, of course. He said he would skip the carrots next time, and more broth, and a different kind of mushroom. We both loved the bean sprouts though!
Our Mommy Ramen was ready very fast, and it certainly didn’t cost $10 a bowl to make. I can’t wait to have it again!