Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday this year. I realize that puts the pressure on for many people. There may be an expectation of a day full of offerings of appreciation and love, starting with a dramatic, perhaps romantic breakfast.
As some of you may know, I am a big fan of Immaculate Baking Company refrigerator dough. Unlike another brands of dough, I find that the different items (biscuits, crescent rolls, cinnamon rolls) actually all have a unique flavor. I try to keep at least one package of Immaculate dough in my house at all times because it’s fun for my kids to come up with a unique way to use them.
Sometime this past week, I saw a post somewhere for Cinnamon Rolls made in a waffle iron. Perfect. Easy for the kids and anyone else who doesn’t love to bake but wants to make something special for their Valentine.
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
1 tube of cinnamon roll dough
1. Get the rolls out of the tube without mangling them.
2. Slice each roll in half like you would slice a bagel.
3. Prepare your waffle iron with cooking spray and cook for 2-4 minutes (depends on your iron).
4. Carefully remove. The cinnamon swirl may stick.
5. Drizzle with the icing and serve.
Big hit! I think everyone looks forward to seeing another tube of Cinnamon Rolls in the fridge so they can have these again. I do, because they were easy enough for everyone to make!